LOOKING FOR A TALENTED ANALYST TO JOIN A DYNAMIC TEAM PLANNING A BRAND NEW MEDICAL SCHOOL!
The Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine is looking for a skilled and resourceful analyst to join its team in Pasadena, CA. This start-up environment offers the opportunity to contribute to the creation of a new medical school that will educate physicians for the 21st century and beyond and be a catalyst for change in medical education. The first class will start in the summer of 2020, and tuition will be waived for the first five classes. The analyst will join an extremely dynamic team of professionals supporting all aspects of this new, innovative School of Medicine and the development of its infrastructure, processes, and procedures. The School is committed to building a team with exceptional diversity, experience, and talent, and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate for the position is a self-motivated and gifted analyst and writer, who can multi-task without issue and with little supervision. The candidate, depending on demonstrated aptitude, may be asked to work on projects of high sensitivity and fast turnaround to support the Founding Dean and CEO, and members of his leadership team. Please apply at this link.
- Conduct research in specific topical areas, presenting reviews of literature and other evidence in a clear and actionable format.
- Produce polished analyses for executive-level audiences addressing highly specialized topics.
- Manage special projects with an orientation to results-driven work and crisp and proactive communication.
- Participate in research projects, as necessary.
- Serve as assistant to the Dean and the School leadership in producing policies and procedures.
- Help write articles, summary papers, reports, and other communications for submission to medical journals.
- Prepare presentations for academic and lay audiences.
- Assist in reviewing and vetting marketing copy and creative materials and amplifying the School’s social media presence.
- At least 1 year of experience meaningfully contributing to research studies or academic and/or health care-oriented projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriately related discipline, with an interest in medical education, health policy, and/or health services.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills.
- The analytical skills to gather and interpret data in which the information or problems are moderately complex to complex.
- Demonstrated ability to become familiar with new topics quickly and be attentive to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to meet challenging deadlines amidst multiple priorities.
- Orientation to collaborating with others and synthesizing information from multiple stakeholders into a coherent work product.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
ABOUT THE KAISER PERMANENTE BERNARD J. TYSON SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine is devoted first and foremost to offering an outstanding, forward-thinking medical education. Its curriculum is built on the three pillars of Biomedical Science, Clinical Science, and Health Systems Science. Students will think broadly about ways care can be more effective for everyone and learn how to advocate for better health in homes, school, workplaces, neighborhoods, and society at large. The School will incorporate many of the most innovate and effective educational practices available today and will give students the opportunity to learn from the physicians and care teams in Kaiser Permanente’s integrated health care system. This approach will provide future physicians with the knowledge and skills to play key roles in the transformation of healthcare in our nation and help people from all backgrounds and settings thrive. Learn more at medschool.kp.org.