Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it’s how we’ve become the world’s leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it’s building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you’ve most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you’ve consumed in the past few days!
Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
The RD&A Associate Scientist intern will participate on proactive innovation projects and support customer requests both internal and external . They’ll apply scientific and engineering principles for research and improvement of existing products. This includes conceptualizing, development, specification and processing of new products. This will be achieved by working in a lab & pilot plant and having an understanding of the customer needs. You will report to the RD&A Manager and be able to participate in brainstorming and ideation!
- Taste lab cleanliness and follow safety rules.
- Maintain incoming supplies and equipment in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Support the preparation of Taste standards, solvents, samples and instrument set up. Contribute and assist in completion of assigned project work.
- Be familiar with and can operate and interpret data from the Sensory equipment available.
- Working in the pilot plant
- Working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or Chemical Engineering, Food Technology or a related Applied Science.
- Must have a strong background in Chemistry, Scientific and Sensory aptitudes.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time in a laboratory setting.
- Must be able to see to mix standard solutions and solvents.
- Laboratory environment with exposure to a variety of chemicals, Lab equipment and food products.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.