KidsPeace will offer a Sign On Bonus to all Full Time RN’s within the Hospital and Residential Programs.
The bonus parameters are:
The first $1500 to be paid in the first payroll following thirty (30) days of employment and the second $1500 to be paid upon completion of six (6) consecutive months of employment.
The RN Staff Nurse provides holistic healthcare and education to clients in order to promote physical and mental health and well being. The RN Staff Nurse works in collaboration with other clinical and non-clinical staff to provide appropriate clinical interventions and treatment.
ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE, FULL TIME AND PART TIME.
POSITIONS AVAILABE IN OUR PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL AND RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM.
Job Duties / Essential Functions
1. Provide and/or complete comprehensive nursing assessments and support for clients upon admission and annually. Also during psychiatric and medical emergencies as necessary.
2. Develop a plan of care, promote safety and collaborate as a member of the treatment team based on client needs.Assess clients physical and mental health, and responses to treatment plan and nursing plan of care.
3. Administer medications per physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioners orders and observe for adverse reactions to medications. Monitor for, document and report to physician all possible adverse reactions.
4. Provide ongoing evaluation of medication regime, monitor effectiveness and provide medication education.
5. Conduct client centered education and counseling groups as assigned.
6. Develop, promote and provide health education for clients, families and staff; provide family centered education; develop pre and post education testing. Serve as an advocate for the client and the family/caregiver.
7. Transcribe all physicians’ orders within the established time lines and guidelines.
8. Perform face-to-face assessments on clients following a physical restraint in accordance with state and federal regulations.
9. Assist the physician with physical examinations.
10. Provide ongoing nursing care for KidsPeace clients per physician’s order such as monitoring of vital signs, administration of immunizations, implementation of KidsPeace lab protocol, and documenting all results in the client record in accordance with KidsPeace policies and procedures.
11. Participate in the weekly Medication Review meetings and in ITT meetings as scheduled.
13. Perform monthly chart audits and complete client status reports.
14. Review Medication Administration Records monthly and maintain accuracy of these records.
15. Verify all medications packaged by the pharmacy for therapeutic leaves and provide medication and medical information for parents/guardians to accompany client on therapeutic leaves.
16. Collaborate with multidisciplinary team on all issues from admissions through discharge.
17. Communicate effectively with other departments, agencies and community resources as necessary and required.
18. Assist in the performance and/or observation of restraints as necessary when ordered by a licensed professional using the current approved KidsPeace restraint methodology on youth who may weigh in excess of 250 pounds and who are verbally or physically threatening or otherwise presenting a threat to themselves or others.
19. Maintain awareness of the KidsPeace continuum of services and actively promote the internal transfer and referral of children and families whenever clinically indicated by attending bi-annual training on the continuum and communicating with associates between levels of care and actively seeking opportunities to share information about the continuum with consumers as evidenced by written documentation in the client record.
20. Other duties as assigned by the Nurse Manager.
Must be 21 years or older with a valid RN license.