Grants Manager, Institutional SUpport
Department: Office of Development
Reports to: Director of Institutional Giving
Kimmel Center Inc. (KCI) seeks a strategic Grants Manager to work with our organization in securing funding from foundation and government entities, identifying new sources of funding, and developing a sustainable and effective grants program. The Grants Manager will manage overall grant efforts, develop grant proposals and reports, manage grant budgets, ensure grant regulations compliance, manage grant activities and databases, and support development-focused written communications to a variety of stakeholders. In addition, this position will coordinate with other departments within the Kimmel Center to ensure funder expectations are communicated and project results are reported in an accurate and timely manner. The manager will manage relationships with foundation contacts as needed.
The ideal candidate for this role should have superior organizational skills, impeccable writing skills, and exceptional budgeting and monitoring skills. They will re-enforce relationships with donors, ensure that grant programs operate efficiently, streamline grant administration, and keep our organization fiscally sound.
· Prepare grant applications and proposals to secure funding from foundation and government sources including narrative proposals and budgets.
· Support strategic priorities through research to identify and qualify funding opportunities from foundation and government sources.
· Oversee a portfolio of foundation prospects and donors to cultivate and steward foundation relationships while keeping funders informed about organization’s activities.
· Work closely with Programming, Education, Marketing, Finance and Facilities Operations staff to strategize, identify fundable projects and develop grant proposals and grant budgets for those projects.
· Assist in completing time-sensitive research requests as needed.
· Submit accurate, timely grant reports according to grantor deadlines.
· Manage reporting timeline and tracking system for grants received, and prepare and distribute on-going progress reports to grantors.
· Communicate the fulfillment required per grantor in collaboration with Corporate Relations Associate.
· Support the Director of Institutional Giving with other projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications or related field.
· Three (3) years minimum of Grant writing or related writing experience required, preferably in the arts.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills. Writing sample will be requested.
· Demonstrated attention to detail in past writing.
· Ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple grant proposals and reports required.
· Knowledge of and comfort with preparing project budgets, reading 990s, and audits.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and with varied personalities across organization, as well as in team settings.
· Flexibility and patience a must, along with excellent internal communication skills, reflecting a customer-service orientation.
· Knowledge of regional and national funding sources.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor databases (Tessitura and/or Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.)
· Familiarity with online grant application processes.
· Must be available to work some nights/weekend for performances and events.
Environment, Physical Demands and other conditions:
· Office Environment
· Ability to work remotely (partial)
· Must be available to work some nights/weekends for performances and events
The diversity of our region is our strength and KCI is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive cultural campus that reflects our commitment to an environment where everyone feels welcome and valued onstage and off. Applications from female and minority candidates are highly encouraged.