Kingsbury, Inc. – We share the same namesake and heritage as Kingsbury Hall:
Kingsbury, Inc. is known for its firsts – Albert Kingsbury installed the first fluid film bearing in a hydraulic turbine in 1912. Kingsbury designed and installed the first horizontal tilting pad bearing, the first leading-edge groove directed lubrication tilt pad bearing (LEG), and many others. Our company prides itself on providing tailored solutions for unique applications, with customer-focused service and a complete toolkit of capabilities that starts with engineering and R&D, moves into manufacturing and continues through comprehensive aftermarket support.
Larger, faster machines and challenging applications require new thinking. So the Kingsbury team is hard at work, proposing solutions to address the needs of the future. Today, our bearings are found in power plants, refineries and major industrial operations the world over. Anywhere superior performance is required, you’ll find the Kingsbury name.
Kingsbury, Inc. 2021 Summer Intern Program:
The Kingsbury Internship Program is a 10-week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; in-house training. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Mechanical Engineer
What You’ll Do:
- Work in a team environment assisting mechanical engineers in bearing application, design, analysis, hardware testing, and/or laboratory research.
- Build upon university acquired knowledge to solve mechanical problems.
- Tasks may include CAD design of custom bearings, advanced performance analysis, and mechanical development and testing of new products.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Engineering Department. Interact appropriately with Manufacturing and Sales Departments in order to maintain a positive flow of information to insure complete customer satisfaction with our current product offerings as well as any new product development.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2021. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated interest in design and analysis through school projects and hobbies.
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor or ANSYS desired.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other manufacturing and research facilities as well.
- Travel and local commute between Kingsbury facilities and other possible non-Kingsbury locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available