We seek a dynamic, experienced, culturally-aware teacher for a progressive Montessori program that honors educational best practices. As a Co-Lead Teacher for ages 6-9, the successful candidate will share responsibility for all aspects of students’ classroom experience, including developing strong partnerships with colleagues and parents. All lead teachers attend regular meetings and observe, advise, and serve as a mentor and role model in the areas of student needs, preparing the classroom environment, curriculum management, classroom routines, and record keeping. Lower Elementary Co-Lead Teachers report to the Director of Elementary Education. We actively seek candidates who will reflect and support the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community.
Kingsley Montessori School is a toddler through sixth grade independent school of 300 students in Boston’s historic Back Bay. Our mission is to engage the mind, hands, and heart of each child to nurture resilient explorers, confident learners, and empathetic citizens. We seek candidates who will reflect and support the racial, cultural, and gender diversity of our school community. Kingsley’s high standards of professionalism are maintained through supportive and ongoing supervision and evaluation, development, and growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of all students during all activities.
- Support classroom routines and behavioral expectations.
- Maintain professional communication and exhibit a receptive and open demeanor.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty to enhance curriculum and community.
- Perform arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, bathroom and hallway monitoring, and other support duties as needed.
- Participate in and support special events/activities.
- Participate in training initiatives and Faculty Professional Development Days.
- BA/BS required; MA preferred
- Minimum of three years teaching experience
- Experience with a variety of instructional methods and multi-age learning environments
- American Montessori Society (AMS) or Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) credentials are a plus but are not required
TO APPLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD SEND THE FOLLOWING VIA EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter describing your interest in the position including your background and experience
- Current resume
- List of three current/past supervisors with email addresses and phone numbers
Kingsley Montessori School values and celebrates diversity because it makes us a better employer, builds a stronger school community, develops a sense of collaboration, and encourages mutual respect and broader thinking. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.