Kirstin Care OMHC is a growing outpatient mental health clinic operating in the Maryland area that provides professional services for adults and their families. We are looking for a full or part time therapist to join our team in both Baltimore and Camp Springs. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication, organization and time management skills. Must pass required background check.
-We are looking to add a full time therapist who can start with a caseload of 10-20 clients and will be looking to add more clients!!!
*Please note that this is a Full-time salary position.
- LGPC, LMSW, LGMFT will start from $50,000 to $60,000
- LCPC, LCSW-C, LCMFT, PsyD will start from $60,000 to $65,000
The Therapist will provide specialized services to include diagnosis, assessments, counseling and treatment planning. The therapist role is responsible for working with individuals to promote optimum mental health by assisting in the fulfillment of the organization’s mission of, making individual’s lives better.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines whether the client is appropriate for agency services; determines the needed level of care; refers (internal or external) to the appropriate level of care.
- Conducts a comprehensive pre-treatment assessment, including 5 axis diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations; determines if other services are needed.
- Establishes a treatment plan, with client participation, which specifies treatment structure, outcomes, goals, and objectives.
- Ensures inclusion of family and other significant parties to develop the plan of care that enhances the potential for greater support from the team.
- Provides counseling and community-based intervention to individuals, couples, and families in the group or individual settings, within the framework of the treatment plan; monitors progress.
- Provides mental health crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides a number of treatment modalities to include cognitive behavior therapy, solution-focused therapy, and behavior modification plans.
- Participates in consultations, case conferencing and peer reviews.
- Maintains a record of the case(s) by documenting services and progress of clients.
- Provides and completes prompt and accurate reports, encounter notes and other requirements.
- Develop workable implementation plans; communicate change effectively; build commitment and overcomes resistance; prepare and support those affected by the change; monitor transition and evaluate results.
- Must possess a master’s degree in social work, psychology, mental health counseling, rehabilitation counseling or another clinically related field (required).
- Maryland License required. LCPC, LCSW-C, LCSW, LCDAC, or similar.
- *LGSW and LMSW supervision may provided at no cost to employee.
- Active and in good standing in the state of Maryland.
- Ability to clinically conceptualize a variety of cases including complex trauma, adjustment problems, and other issues associated with victims of trauma, to include Substance abuse, Depression, Anxiety and PTSD.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, to include victims of domestic violence, veterans and active duty military personnel.
- Ability to intervene with clients and their families in distress or in need of extra support/crisis response.
- Knowledgeable about legal, medical and systems based advocacy resources.
- Ability to serve as a consultant on issues relevant to trauma and evidence-based treatment, as well as support monitoring of treatment progress and outcomes.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of self-awareness and cultural competence.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion.
- Good judgment, initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Flexible Schedule
- Supervision at no cost
- Signing Bonus
- Must have current or willing to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification prior to start date.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass Federal and State background checks prior to start date.
- Must be willing to complete and pass CPS background/Adam Walsh background clearance request prior to start date.
- Must be willing to complete new hire orientation.
- Must be willing to participate in the credentialing process.
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time,
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time,
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year