Full-Time Therapist Position
Kirstin Health & Wellness is the ultimate one-stop shop, which is primarily located in Prince George’s County and expanding throughout Maryland. While founded in 2010, our company now combines 3 separate entities under the Kirstin Health & Wellness umbrella. Kirstin’s Haven, Inc is a 501(c)(3) community-based, nonprofit organization that was established in 2010 to help homeless veterans and individuals transition into sustainable housing. Kirstin Care, LLC combines 6 outpatient programs that cover therapeutic (OMHC), case management (PRP), medication management, nursing (Health Home), employment (Supported Employment), and substance abuse services (IOP/OP). These programs are run by a talented and experienced team of clinicians, nurses, and social workers. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication, organization, and time management skills. Must pass a required background check.
-We are looking to add a full-time fully licensed therapist who can start with a caseload of 20+ clients and other duties as assigned
*Preference will be given to clinicians who are Board-Approved Supervisors
*Please note that this is a Full-time salary or hourly position.
- $65,000-85,000 (LCPC, LCSW-C, LCMFT)
- $53,000-64,000 (LGPC, LMSW)
- Negotiable based on education and experience
- Flexible Schedule
- Up to $500 per year for professional development opportunities (Advanced Trainings, Conferences, Etc.
- PTO Two weeks per year
The Therapist will provide specialized services to include diagnosis, assessments, counseling, and treatment planning. The therapist’s role is responsible for working with individuals to promote optimum mental health by assisting in the fulfillment of the organization’s mission of making individual’s lives better.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determines whether the client is appropriate for agency services; determines the needed level of care; refers (internal or external) to the appropriate level of care.
- Conducts a comprehensive pre-treatment assessment, including 5 axis diagnostic impression and treatment recommendations; determines if other services are needed.
- Establishes a treatment plan, with client participation, which specifies treatment structure, outcomes, goals, and objectives.
- Ensures inclusion of family and other significant parties to develop the plan of care that enhances the potential for greater support from the team.
- Provides counseling and community-based intervention to individuals, couples, and families in the group or individual settings, within the framework of the treatment plan; monitors progress.
- Provides mental health crisis intervention as needed.
- Provides a number of treatment modalities to include cognitive behavior therapy, solution-focused therapy, and behavior modification plans.
- Participates in consultations, case conferencing, and peer reviews.
- Maintains a record of the case(s) by documenting the services and progress of clients.
- Provides and completes prompt and accurate reports, encounter notes, and other requirements.
- Develop workable implementation plans; communicate change effectively; build commitment and overcome resistance; prepare and support those affected by the change; monitor transition and evaluate results.
- Must possess a master’s degree in social work, psychology, mental health counseling, rehabilitation counseling, or another clinically related field (required).
- Maryland License required. LCPC, LCSW-C, LCDAC, or similar.
- Active and in good standing in the state of Maryland.
- Ability to clinically conceptualize a variety of cases including complex trauma, adjustment problems, and other issues associated with victims of trauma, including Substance abuse, Depression, Anxiety, and PTSD.
- Ability to work with diverse populations, including victims of domestic violence, veterans, and active-duty military personnel.
- Ability to intervene with clients and their families in distress or in need of extra support/crisis response.
- Knowledgeable about legal, medical and systems-based advocacy resources.
- Ability to serve as a consultant on issues relevant to trauma and evidence-based treatment, as well as support monitoring of treatment progress and outcomes.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of self-awareness and cultural competence.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion.
- Good judgment, initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must have current or willing to obtain CPR and First Aid Certification prior to start date.
- Must be willing to submit to and pass Federal and State background checks prior to start date.
- Must be willing to complete and pass CPS background/Adam Walsh background clearance request prior to start date.
- Must be willing to complete new hire orientation.
- Must be willing to participate in the credentialing process.
Job Type: Full-time