About Lair East Labs
For Founders with a Global Vision
Lair East Labs is a startup accelerator based in New York that empowers founders to expand internationally. At the heart of Lair East Labs lies the 10-week accelerator. Each year 8 -12 startups take on our program and receive investments of $50K. Our 10-week program combines the best of two worlds – learn from alumni founders of top Silicon Valley-style accelerators and gain access to a network of mentors and investors with extensive experience navigating the U.S. and Asian markets. In the first three years of operation, our portfolio companies have raised $30 million funding after completing the accelerator. We support founders in their quest to build successful and sustainable ventures that solve global problems. We are founders accelerating founders. For more information: please visit: laireastlabs.com.
About the Role
We are currently seeking intern(s) who is highly analytical and deeply passionate about startups. During this internship, you will play a pivotal role in supporting our team to find and evaluate transformative, breakthrough technology companies.
- Work with our portfolio companies to support them on strategic initiatives
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis (e.g., market sizing, analyzing survey data, pricing analysis, web analytics data)
- Deeply understand the metrics of our portfolio companies and how they trend over time
- Support fund operations including writing quarterly LP reports on new investments and our pipeline
- Help program manager organize events, including product and growth sprints, program kickoff week, alumni and recruiting events
- Conduct financial, market, and company diligence on new potential investments; desk research on industries and trends.
- Improve current deal pipelines and optimize the overall communication flow with startups
- A deep passion and /or interest in startups, technology, venture capital, etc.
- Self-starter – able to take the initiative, prioritize and run on own with limited guidance
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial environment where things change constantly
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Team player – happy to do whatever is required to support team
- BA/BS/Master candidate currently pursuing a degree in STEM/Economics/Investment/relevant degrees at a prestigious university and/or investment analysis experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to synthesize and articulate thoughts about companies and markets concisely
- Experience at a competitive startup or VC firm highly preferred but not required
- Bilingual fluency in both English and Chinese preferred but not required
Deadline to Apply: Jan 5, 2021
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Winter/Spring of 2021
Hours: 16~30 hours/week upon availability
Duration: 2~4 months
This is a non-paid internship and is an educational program to help people transit into and learn about startup and venture capital fields.
To apply, please send a brief elaboration (within 250 words) of your interest, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Investment Internship 2021 – YOUR FULL NAME”. Thank you!