- Graduated from an approved teacher preparation program in Earth Science.
- Completed a major in Earth Science or 32 semester hours in Earth Science.
- Earned an endorsement in another science discipline.
- Valid certification to meet ESSA requirements with specific endorsement in the area in which assigned.
- Applicants who have had teaching experience must have an acceptable rating for such teaching.
- Prepares written communications relating to general and specialized work of the department.
- Plans instruction to achieve learning objectives that reflect current division and state curriculum standards.
- Uses materials and resources that are compatible with student’s needs and abilities and which support the approved curriculum.
- Links present content with past and future learning experiences, other subject areas and real world experiences/applications.
- Uses researched based instructional strategies that promote student learning.
- Recognizes individual learning differences and differentiates instruction to meet student needs.
- Provides a variety of ongoing and culminating assessments to measure student performance.
- Provides on-going and timely feedback to encourage student progress.
- Uses student performance data in instructional planning and decision making.
- Adheres to appropriate scoring and grading procedures and policies.
- Maximizes the use of instructional time to increase student learning.
- Manages/maintains behavior that promotes learning.
- Organizes the classroom to ensure an environment that is safe and conducive to learning.
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with students.
- Works collaboratively with staff, families and community agencies to support student success.
- Initiates and maintains timely communication with parents/guardians and administrators concerning student progress or problems.
- Demonstrates professional, moral and ethical behavior and exhibits personal integrity in all interactions.
- Participates in an ongoing process of professional development.
- Provides service to the profession, the school, the school division and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
As per contract and board policies and regulations.
Performance on this job will be evaluated in accordance with school board policy and administrative regulations on evaluation of certificated personnel.