Latino Center of the Midlands
Job Title: Office Manager
Supervisor: Operations Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: 12/8/2020
Mission and Values The mission of the Latino Center of the Midlands is to enhance the lives of the Heartland Latino Community by supporting the education and development of our youth and adults; promoting comprehensive engagement of our families in all facets of their lives; and by fostering leadership through a variety of services and activities.
Manages a variety of general office activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- For Accounts Payable:
- Completes and processes check requisition forms for the Operations Director and/or Executive Director to approve.
- Sets-up, manages and reviews Divvy.
- Safeguards and prepares monthly reports of the credit card statements for the LCM Credit Card.
- Requests and files W 9 forms.
- For Accounts Receivable:
- Deposits checks and cash into the agency’s bank account. On the deposit ticket, appropriately designates deposits according to budget items.
- Reviews and requests the monthly statement of the PayPal account. Transfers money to our Checking account.
- Prepares draft of invoices for the accountant.
- Keeps track of in-kind donations and volunteer hours.
- Maintains a petty cash system.
- Organizes and keeps accounting files.
- Assists the CFO with the annual audit.
- Tracks inventory of assets.
Human Resources Record Management
- Implements, manages and maintains record keeping, confidential personnel files.
- Reviews and approves timesheets and PTO requests for subordinates.
- Adds new employees and personal information to TSheets.
- Posts new positions on Indeed.
- Completes hiring paperwork and registration of new employees.
- Schedules and coordinates EAP training.
- Coordinates the renewal of staff’s benefits and completes staff registration – Gallagher. Supports the Executive Director in the coordination of new benefits for the staff.
- Assists the Executive Director and the Operations Director in reviewing Employee Handbook policies/procedures.
- Coordinates the renewal of building and commercial insurances.
- Supervises the Receptionist and assists the reception time, when necessary.
- Supervises the cleanliness and maintenance of the building and coordinates with contractors.
- Executes or coordinates the purchase of administrative supplies.
- Maintains and monitors administrative files which include: vendors files, contracts, agreements, grants awards, and other legal filings.
- Receives mail and packages and ensures appropriate distribution.
- Works closely with vendors to guarantee that building’s systems keep fully operational (phone system, internet, AC/Heater, etc.)
- Manages phone system and set up of new employees/extensions.
- Manages printer copier and set up of new employees. Printer usage report.
- Keeps record of login information of different websites/softwares/systems and executes the renewal of subscriptions (Bitwarden).
- Monitors surveillance system.
- Coordinates activities and events for the staff (birthdays, anniversaries, staff breakfast, staff socials, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.)
- Supports the Executive Director, Operations Director and/or Program Directors with meetings and special events to be hosted in the building.
- Supports the Executive Director in sending the information for the Staff meetings and Board of Directors meetings.
- Manages Google Suites and provides general support to staff. Coordinate with vendors when needed.
- Coordinates with vendors to keep office equipment fully operational (computers, copiers, telephones, etc.)
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Supervises the receptionist. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills; troubleshoots technological problems.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance.
Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed.
Organizational Support – Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency in Spanish and English preferred, but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
No certificates, licenses, registrations required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $24.00 per hour