Joining Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) as a Graduate Nurse/Newly Licensed Registered Nurse is an exciting opportunity to join a team passionate about supporting our community’s health needs. LVHN is honored to be named one of the 2021 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma by Great Place to Work and Fortune. The designations tell you that LVHN is a great place to work from hire to retire. It’s not a job, it’s giving life and a career based on passion and purpose. If you are someone who resonates with LVHN’s core values – Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence – you will have a rewarding and successful career at LVHN.
LVHN offers a variety of specialties, such as, Medical/Surgical Care, Critical Care, Women’s & Children’s, Emergency Care, Behavioral Health, and Inpatient Rehab, at all our campuses.
What you can expect:
- Direct Patient Care. Spend the majority of your day in direct patient care by providing best-in-class care, including treatments and diagnostic studies under supervision of an RN.
- Continuous Improvement. We are consistently looking for ways to improve processes for our patients and colleagues as we aim to enhance the healthcare of our community.
- Build compassionate relationships with your patients who are suffering from a variety of health challenges and their families and friends.
- Mentoring from Nursing Colleagues eager to share their years of experience with you.
- A strong voice in making decisions that affect your working environment.
- Close collaboration with a team of doctors, pharmacists, therapists, technicians and support staff to ensure exceptional patient care.
- Recognition of your achievements through award programs, bonuses for achieving certifications and more.
What We’ll Provide:
More than just competitive compensation, our LVHN Benefits package connects colleagues to what matters most, including:
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 403(b) match, generous paid time off, many voluntary benefit offerings (FSA, Life Insurance, Legal Services, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Navigate. Free financial advising for those with student loans.
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, childcare center, Mamava pods etc.
- My Total Health Programs: Free access to LVHN Fitness, Gympass, Individual and team challenges, Tobacco cessation Programs, and Wellness Incentive Program
- Opportunity to grow personally and professionally: LVHN offers all colleagues continued education courses.
- Tuition Assistance is available to all colleagues starting their first day
- Ability to participate in nursing study tours and medical missions
- Opportunities to present at national and international conferences or receive scholarships for continuing education
- Listen to national health care leaders speak about current issues affecting nursing
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning and electronic Learning Hub
- 100+ CEU Courses through our e-learning platform
- Leadership and Organizational Development Opportunities with personalized Career Coaching Services
- Free Courses with local educational institutions
Learn More about LVHN Graduate Nurse Opportunities LVHN.org/GraduateNurse
Minimum Requirements: Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing. Demonstrates effective communication skills. All graduates are required to obtain their BSN within four years of their potential start date.
Preferred Requirements: BSN from an accredited school of nursing. A minimum GPA of 3.0. Prior experience in a healthcare setting. Completion of clinical rotation at Lehigh Valley Health Network is preferred.
Licensure and Certifications: Must have a valid temporary permit or RN licensure in Pennsylvania prior to start date.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – Required:
- Knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments in the delivery of patient care.
- Successful completion of additional orientation programs related to specialty.
- Attainment and maintenance of unit-specific competencies.
- Basic computer skills.
***We offer visa sponsorship.***