It’s a data-driven world. Be part of a team that harnesses the power of data to analyze performance trends, identify opportunities, and keep Liberty Mutual Surety™ moving forward.
Liberty Mutual Surety™ is currently seeking an ambitious, career-minded college graduate with strong analyst, research, and reporting abilities as an Associate Business Analyst in our Enterprise Risk Management group in King of Prussia, PA, which is part of Surety’s Global Risks organization. This is an excellent opportunity to build your analyst skills and help assist with reporting and analysis for our Global Risks organization.
- Build skills and learn about business processes and research methodologies.
- Gain exposure to conducting analysis and preparing recommendations.
- Support implementation of business process improvements.
- Develop knowledge of metrics and tools, and how to recommend changes and/or take actions to improve business outcomes
- Develop and produce standard and ad-hoc reports.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of department operations, processes, procedures, and operational effectiveness, and establish a rapport with field and home office underwriters, and others across the organization.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Surety business, including contract and commercial underwriting concepts, Surety claims handling, and various internal and external factors which can impact the organization.
- Participate, perform, or assist with special projects and ad hoc analyses as requested. May present findings and provide recommendations to project leadership and/or senior management.
- Recommend, implement, and enhance process improvements in support of the Surety’s continuous improvement efforts.
- Participate-in and successfully complete various activities of the Surety Underwriting Development Program, which may include AFSB certification activities and coursework, case studies, self-study, and exams as required. Participate in monthly Community of Practice. Job shadow into Surety product line areas and business units.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Gain experience and solid understanding of Surety’s internal structure and business units, such as Home Office and Field Underwriting and Claims.
What you’ve got
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Finance, Business, Economics, or related discipline.
- 0-2 years of professional experience.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Additional requirements may apply.
- Demonstrated research, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills. Working knowledge of Excel. Knowledge of database software preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Prior internship in corporate environment a plus.
- Prior involvement in community and/or school activities.
- You must have permanent work authorization in the United States.