Liberty Resources, a highly respected, stable and diversified human services organization is seeking applicants for an experienced primary care Nurse Practitioner for their Patient Centered Medical Home accredited Integrated Health Center. We are seeking someone to work 24-40 hours per week in this role.
In collaboration with the Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner will provide daily mentoring and guidance to the Primary Care Nurse Practitioner team. In addition, this role will function as the primary care provider for his/her own panel of patients, ages 16 and older, in managing their acute, chronic, and preventative health care needs.
Liberty Resources Integrated Health Care is comprised of Primary Care and Behavioral Health services, applying “Healthy Mind, Healthy Body” approaches to whole person care with seamless referral processes and collaboration amongst specialties to inform practice and improve patient outcomes. Our employees have passion around the services they provide and our corporate values of excellence and staff support. We pride ourselves on high quality, integrated, community-based services that meet the evolving needs of our communities. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce that values contributions of all team members and work to recognize cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and how they apply to provision of positive health outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides daily coaching, teaching and advising to the Primary Care Nurse Practitioners.
- Performs interviews, health histories, physical examinations, mental status assessments, and diagnostic tests to determine diagnosis and current health status of clients.
- Provides medical crisis intervention/counseling as required by direct visitation or telehealth. Completes evaluations, medication reviews, and care plans, reviews and progress reports.
- Participates in the management of clients’ medication regimens; prescribes drugs and medication treatments as indicated by diagnosis, lab results and consistent with community standards of care.
- Contributes to the treatment planning process and crisis intervention services when necessary.
- Provides health education to clients and families to support outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with mental health staff to provide integrated healthcare for all clients.
To qualify for this position you must have a certificate and current registration to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State, and more than five years’ experience providing direct services in a primary care setting. Experience with individuals diagnosed with mental illness, or comparable experience is valuable. Must have eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits. This is an opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team of dedicated professionals and the chance to coordinate care with other professionals in the community.
Liberty Resources cares about your safety. We are following all CDC guidelines to ensure safety for clients, families and employees.