LifeSensors Inc. is a leader in the ubiquitin pathway and SUMO-fusion protein expression platform. Scientists at LifeSensors are developing innovative technologies to understand the role of ubiquitin in cell physiology. Our technologies are used worldwide by pharma and biotech companies to discover novel drugs. LifeSensors is located in the Great Valley Corporate Center, a biotech hub 35 miles west of Philadelphia, in Malvern, Pennsylvania, USA. LifeSensors, Inc. covers all aspects of the product lifecycle from the generation of an idea to commercial distribution. As an intern, you can expect to become an integral part of our company’s R and D team and have direct impact on the bottom line. www.lifesensors.com
- Pursuing a MS or BS degree in life sciences
- Lab experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and management skills
- Understanding of the goals of LifeSensors in both R and D and marketing
- You will be trained in molecular biology tools, cloning genes in variety of hosts, including E.coli, yeast and insect cells, gene expression analysis, e. g. protein blots and variety of reporter gene assays
- Teachings in molecular biology software packages for cloning and archiving DNA sequences
- Teachings ubiquitin pathway and its role in cell physiology and disease.
- Learn protein expression and purification technologies
- Observe development of new assays to monitor ubiquitylation and de-ubiquitylation of proteins
- Tissue culture techniques
- Ability to use the computer graphics and other communication software to present data.
- The intern will report to a Ph.D scientist. The supervisor will help the intern learn all the equipment and other instrumentation in the lab. The intern will also have an opportunity to present his or her research finding in monthly lab meetings where the student is allowed to make formal presentation. This allows a student to learn presentation skills. In addition, the student will participate in strategy meeting for development of new technologies.
- Play a critical role in R and D driven Biotech company and learn new technologies. Excellent compensation, hourly rate and flexible hours. Please contact Brenda Bausher (610-644-8845) or e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org