The Business Development Specialist is an entry level internal sales position focused on prospecting, developing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with financial advisors and their affiliated firms as representatives of Lighthouse Life.
Lighthouse Life engages with financial service professionals to assist seniors in gaining access to the full value of their life insurance policies that have become, or are becoming, unnecessary or unaffordable. Lighthouse Life evaluates the value of these policies and makes offers to purchase policies from qualified policyowners, providing seniors with substantial resources to help fund long-term care or other retirement needs.
The Business Development specialist will work with financial service professionals and firms that are enrolled in the Lighthouse Life Settlement Advisor Program primarily through Lighthouse Life’s Insurance and Broker-Dealer distribution channels.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate and manage strategic individual and corporate relationships specifically with Insurance Agents, Insurance Brokerage Agencies, Financial Advisors and their Affiliated Firms
- Educate strategic individual and corporate relationships on the value of working with Lighthouse Life and the potential benefits to policyholders through inbound and outbound marketing and sales activities
- Provide input on developing the business strategy as a vital member of the Lighthouse Business Development team
- Monitor and assist in the management of the workflow for the Business Development team primarily using Lighthouse Life’s client relationship management system (CRM)
- Participate in the gathering of medical and life insurance policy information from policyowners, insureds and life insurance companies
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree
- Previous knowledge and experience in sales or marketing within the Insurance and Financial Services industry is preferred
- Proven sales and business acumen
- Experience with email sequence marketing is a plus
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Customer focused
- Flexible thinker
- Ability to multitask