Link Logistics Real Estate – Investment Analyst – Summer Intern
Intern locations: New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia Metro, Irvine, CA
Link Logistics Real Estate (“Link”) is an industrial real estate operating platform owned by Blackstone. Link currently manages a national portfolio of high-quality, well-located industrial assets totaling over 400 million square feet throughout the United States, with approximately $1.5B in the development pipeline. Established by Blackstone in 2019 as a best-in-class logistics real estate operating platform, Link brings customers the highest quality logistics portfolio, operating at the highest standard. The company’s properties are at the center of the modern supply chain, helping its customers move products faster and more efficiently than ever before. Link’s real estate investment business operates a diverse portfolio, including an unsurpassed selection of last-mile facilities in highly sought-after urban infill locations.
Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing. Blackstone’s real estate business was founded in 1991 and has $174B of investor capital under management. The company is one of the world’s largest property owners, owning and operating assets across every major geography and sector, including logistics, multifamily, and single-family housing, office, hospitality, and retail.
Link is looking for actively enrolled juniors (rising seniors) who would be interested in a real estate internship on our investments team this upcoming summer. Summer interns will have the opportunity to become exposed to several markets and properties across the industrial spectrum and can expect to have close interaction with a tight-knit investments team.
- Provide support to full time investment analysts and associates across all aspects of the new deal underwriting, due diligence and closing processes, including reviewing iterations of purchase agreements and leases, tenant credit evaluations and financial due diligence, property tours and tenant interviews, tenant industry research and evaluation, site diligence on structural, environmental, zoning, etc. conditions
- Prepare investment models and investment committee memorandums, completing market research, creating management presentations, and maintaining real estate sale and lease comparables for selected markets
- ·Current junior (rising senior) undergraduate student at an accredited four-year institution
- Pursuing a degree in accounting, finance, real estate, economics, mathematics, business, civil engineering, or related field
- Strong interest in commercial real estate asset management and investment (no formal experience required)
- Basic understanding of real estate investment and financing processes including, but not limited to, market analysis, financial analysis, property valuation and capital markets
- Exceptional knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with senior level management will be required
- Working knowledge of Argus
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Must currently be actively enrolled for consideration of internship