LLR is seeking talented and motivated sophomores to join our Market Development Team for the summer of 2021. This team is responsible for Identifying, Engaging and Developing open dialogues with CEO’s of growing Technology, Healthcare/Education, Industrial Technology and FinTech companies across the country. The relationships we develop position LLR as the preferred investor of choice for exciting companies looking to raise capital. Growing team, strong culture, growing firm!
This program will give you core skills that are transferable to a sales role within any B2B sales process. Top performers may be introduced to opportunities within a LLR Portfolio Company, where they can continue their career development driving sales development for a growth-oriented company.
Who are you?
- A sophomore interested in a career in sales/marketing/business development
- Interested in a sales career
- Able to discern the difference between “No” and “Not right now”.
- Your friends or family members describe you as – Curious, Creative, Energetic, Mature, Coachable, Focused, Patient and Confident.
- Receiving a Bachelor’s degree in 2022; focus on Communications, Business Administration, Economics or Marketing preferred
- Capable in Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Fluent in Internet Search, LinkedIn
As an Intern, what will you do?
- Work with LLR’s Business Development and Investment teams to identify target companies through online sources
- Procure company data to accurately profile prospects
- Create profiles on private companies, sectors and sub-sectors within LLR’s target industries
- Manage data quality and load to core internal systems (e.g. CRM platform)
- Segment and tier prospect companies for engagement
- Design and execute outreach to CEOs through a mix of emails, calls, LinkedIn and other forms of media to procure initial calls
- Coordinate with investment professionals to conduct initial discovery calls to understand “Why” a particular CEO would distinguish LLR from other investors
- Capture key metrics of prospect companies
- Coordinate outreach and engagement across LLR to build a productive relationship with the target CEO
- Continually position LLR as the preferred investor of choice for prospect company
- Develop the relationship to a point where upon investment opportunity LLR is included
- Interact with industry peers to understand various engagement tactics
- Contribute to content creation for delivery through various forms including digital marketing
- Work with various vendors and innovative technology products used today in sales and digital marketing – including various social media platforms (LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Develop a working knowledge of a business/sales development process
Upon completion of the internship, top performers will have the opportunity to join LLR as a full-time Market Development Analyst after graduation.