The primary role of the Legal & Compliance Division is to protect the legal and business interests of Loop Capital and all of its affiliates and ensure that the Firm has internal controls that adequately measure and manage the risks it faces.
The Legal & Compliance Intern will work under the supervision of the General Counsel and the Chief Compliance Officer.
• Assist in updating and testing existing compliance procedures
• Conduct legal research and application of rules to Firm practices
• Draft and research memoranda and other internal legal notices
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations to present training and other projects to business teams
• Current enrollment as a law student at an accredited law school, with strong academic credentials
• Position is for 1L students only
• Has at least a B average at the end of 1L year and high grades in Legal Writing
• Financial Services industry experience preferred
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic and organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
*Position will not likely be available if the firm is still in a work-from-home posture.