The Certified Nurse’s Assistant performs direct and indirect care to promote the comfort, safety, convalescence and rehabilitation of residents as directed by the Nurse Manager, Clinical Coordinator, Nursing Supervisor, and/or the Charge Nurse. The Certified Nurse’s Assistant must be competent in all skills on the resident care skills orientation checklist.
Job duties specific to this position:
Responsible for residents assigned to his/her care with respect to the following general list of duties:
• Performs resident care according to policy/procedure and standards as delegated by the NM, CC, RN, or Charge Nurse.
• Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment for the resident, visitors, and other staff.
• Recognizes and responds to emergent situations efficiently and effectively.
• Assists the resident with ADLs and any special care needs as indicated on the resident care assignment sheet.
• Sets priorities according to resident’s needs, organizing and reprioritizing work throughout the shift.
• Ensures necessary supplies/equipment for patient care are available and stored efficiently.
• Observes residents for specific signs and symptoms as instructed by team leaders.
• Reports changes in the resident’s behavior or condition to the team leader.
• Demonstrates appropriate knowledge base and technical skills when performing resident care. Uses skills and knowledge according to resident’s identified geriatric and age-related needs. Demonstrates understanding of role limitations relating to patient care.
• Documents resident care accurately using appropriate tool and in a timely manner.
• Ability to be involved with family members or other support persons while providing care.