Registered Nurse – LSTS
Job ID 2019-1177
Location : Location
Lovelace Scientific & Technical Services (LSTS)
Currently recruiting Registered Nurses (RN). The Registered Nurse (RN) is a full-time PRN position located in various clinics within the facility to include but limited to Orthopedics, Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Otolaryngology, Ophthalmology, Intensive Care, Obstetrics, Newborn and Neonatal Care, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Ambulatory Care. The RN works on a regularly assigned, rotational or call back basis to provide continuity of nursing care during evenings, night, weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN):
- Perform a full range of RN duties, including: triage; patient assessment and monitoring; use of patient monitoring and treatment equipment; appropriate nursing care, procedures, and treatments; execution of physicians orders within the guidelines of standard nursing practice; documentation of patient care and observations; and patient education and emotional support.
- Assess each patient and perform triage duties as assigned.
- Formulate and carry out a goal directed plan of care which based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes and which is prioritized according to patient needs and available resources including time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Evaluate effectiveness of self-care given by all health team members, and contribution of systems, environment, and instrumentation in progressing patient toward outcomes.
- Provide treatment and discharge instructions upon patient release.
- Perform assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiological, psychological, and cognitive status.
- Identify patient/significant other learning needs and implement appropriate measures to meet identified needs.
- Assist in planning, provide clinical direction and provide instruction to LPNs/LVNs, nursing assistants and ancillary personnel.
- Utilize available automated programs and information technology, communication and management tools for proactive patient management, facilitate patient engagement and enhance patient experience.
- Communicate with patients utilizing asynchronous Secure Messaging to improve communication and facilitate care through non-traditional means.
- Participate in Medical Home Port Team huddles/meetings each day to review scheduled appointments, identify Team requirements (i.E., supplies and equipment and staff support issues related to the day s scheduled appointments) and scheduled patient requirements.
- Bachelors or Associates nursing degree or diploma from a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of full-time clinical experience within the last 2 years as a Registered Nurse.
- Current, valid, and unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in any one of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Current BLS (AHA Healthcare Provider) certification.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lovelace Biomedical Research Institute Companies are an Equal Opportunity employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law. All applicants and employees are further protected from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing or discussing the compensation of other applicants or employees. For additional information about your rights as an applicant, click here.
For assistance with our application process, including reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities to participate in the application process, please send an email to email@example.com or call 505-348-9400.