Do you enjoy prospecting and sales?
Want to learn and grow at the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer?
Are you self-motivated and passionate about selling high quality products & services?
If so, the Business Development Associate role could be for you!
As the Business Development Associate (BDA), you will be responsible for driving Financial Advisor lead flow to LPL’s Advisor Recruiting team in order to increase sales. This will be done through prospecting, lead qualification, and effective reporting. Primary prospecting efforts will be phone based (cold-calling) with supplemental efforts using digital means (email campaigns and social media).
New to sales? All of our BDAs participate in a four week training focused on helping you understand LPL’s value proposition, general policies, competitive landscape, the financial services industry and the benefits of joining one of LPL’s affiliation options. Additionally, LPL understands that a key contributor to your success in this role is investing in your knowledge of the industry. As part of this role you will be sponsored for FINRA license Series 7 and Series 66, LPL covers the costs for certifications.
If you want to learn and grow with us, this is the role for you. We have a robust career path where successful BDAs promote into Internal Regional Director (IRD) roles and from there have the opportunity to promote into our Regional Director (RD) roles.
What will you do as a BDA?
- Prospect financial advisors to gauge/create interest in meeting with a LPL recruiter
- Use the news cycle, territory makeup and direction of the recruiters/leaders to execute on weekly prospecting campaigns
- Use independent judgement to qualify a lead, determining if the lead should be introduced to the pipeline by presenting to the Internal Regional Director or field Regional Director
- 100 outreaches per day – cold calls (primary), individual emails and social media outreaches (LinkedIn)
- Utilize Salesforce.com to track individual KPIs and understand the impact of lead flow on territory funnel and results
- Develop skillset, knowledge base and industry experience in order to qualify for next level opportunity as an Internal Regional Director.
What are we looking for?
We want high-energy, strong collaborators who can deliver a world class, sales experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- 1-2 years in a sales role; financial services experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related areas preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership, field recruiting professionals, and internal recruiters
- Highly motivated and resilient by achieving sales targets consistently
- Ability to quickly build rapport, primarily via phone based communication
- Comfortable with some travel, two times per year for training
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Outlook
Please note, relocation is not offered for this role.