Project Data Science and Machine Learning Engineer – Philadelphia, PA
IMPORTANT: Handshake will re-direct you to a short application on our website, please make sure you complete this application. You will need to do so in order to be reviewed by our hiring managers.
Do you want to take ownership of high-stakes projects from day one? Are you interested in developing smart, connected IoT systems? Do you care about energy conservation and sustainability?
If so, see below for some of the exciting opportunities that Lutron has to offer.
As a Data Science and Machine Learning Engineer at Lutron you will:
- Develop, validate and implement predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Analyze data to extract valuable insights with the goal to innovate our products, improve customer experience or marketing techniques.
- Enhance data collection procedures by assessing the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Work closely with data engineers and business analysts to process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions and help establish near-term and long-term strategies.
- Communicate complex ideas across all levels of organization using clear data- visualizations techniques
Does this sound interesting to you?
If it does, Lutron is looking for candidates with the following criteria:
- PhD or Master’s degree or in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field.
- Relevant industry experience in working with large data sets and building statistical models and developing algorithm.
- Demonstrable experience in applying data science techniques
- Proficient with analytical tools like Jupyter Notebooks, Python, R, and supporting libraries as well as querying and scripting tools.
- Adept at communicating verbally & visually, connecting the dots, breaking down complex problems into simpler units.
Lutron is the worldwide leader in lighting, automated shade and temperature controls, with headquarters in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania and engineering offices in Boston, Philadelphia, South Florida and Austin. We are a privately held manufacturing company with over 4000 design and product patents . We are at the forefront of innovating IoT products for smart homes and connected buildings. We provide solutions for residences that span from 500 sq. ft apartments to 10,000 sq. ft homes and commercial solutions for small office spaces to entire building complexes such as the New York Times Building, Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Empire State Building and the Guggenheim Museum.
With Lutron, you can control your lights, shades and temperature remotely from anywhere in the world.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.lutron.com
Lutron Electronics is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action – Employer. We welcome qualified, motivated applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics