We are currently recruiting for our highly competitive Analyst program, for both immediate and Summer 2022 start dates, with roles available on both our software and healthcare investment teams. Analysts are key components of M33’s deal origination strategy. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing relationships with CEOs and founders to cultivate investment opportunities.
- Identifying investment themes, building market maps, and developing sourcing strategies in attractive verticals.
- Participating in weekly sourcing team and investment committee meetings; this includes articulating investment theses and outlining attractive opportunities to the broader team and Managing Directors.
After 24 months, Analysts will be considered for a promotion, at which point the role will expand to include due diligence, market analysis, investment modeling, and deal structuring. We have a proven track record of developing Analysts and Associates into Principals, Managing Directors, and senior operating executives; our plan is to continue to utilize the Analyst program as the primary means to grow our firm in the future.
Who You Might Be
Our goal is to build a team with complementary skill sets from diverse backgrounds. Qualities of great candidates include:
- Highly motivated self-starters with strong work ethic and integrity, work performance, and academic achievement
- Prior experience in sales or demonstrated interest in developing sales skills
- Prior internship experience in investing, investment banking, enterprise inside sales, sales operations, or consulting
- No prior finance or investing experience is required, but an interest in investing, entrepreneurship, sales, technology, and/or healthcare is required
- Engaging communicator: Naturally magnetic personality, able to clearly convey their point of view, able to adapt style based on audience, an active listener.
- Overachiever by nature: Ambitious, history of achieving top-level performance through hard work, history of independently identifying and pursuing opportunities, able to sell self.
- Grit: Persistent, scrappy, finds a way to win through adversity.
- Positive outlook: Optimistic view on life, finds silver linings in difficult experiences.
- Critical thinking: Able to formulate a strong, logic-based position, able to adapt their position in real-time to new information.
- Intellectual curiosity: Lifelong learner, asks good questions, challenges the status quo, climbs learning curves quickly.