Position: Global Fixed Income Intern
Department: Global Fixed Income
Location: New York, NY
MacKay Shields was founded in 1938 and has grown steadily over the years through rapidly changing market environments. We became a registered investment advisor in 1969, and have expanded our services over time and now offer products across U.S. and international markets.
In 1984, MacKay Shields was purchased by New York Life Insurance Company. New York Life Insurance Company established New York Life Investment Management Holdings LLC in 1999 for the purpose of consolidating its asset management subsidiaries. MacKay Shields is 100% owned by New York Life Investments, which is wholly owned by New York Life Insurance Company, our ultimate parent.
We currently manage approximately $140 billion in assets for institutional investors and other entities across the globe.
Intern will conduct ad hoc economic research in areas such as monetary and fiscal policy, the labor market, household balance sheets and inflation.
Skills / Experience
- Ideal candidate is seeking a master’s degree in Economics, Finance or Public Policy
- Very strong quantitative, analytical and research skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined, responsible personality with attention to detail
- High energy level and strong work ethic
- A team player with the ability to work independently
- Highly motivated and creative with natural intellectual curiosity
- Previous work experience in financial services or economic policy desirable.
- Proficiency with market and economic data sources such as Bloomberg and Haver
- Proficiency with basis statistical techniques
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with market data sources such as Bloomberg and competency with Excel
Please apply at: