Madison International Realty, LLC, a specialty real estate private equity firm, seeks to hire an Investments Analyst in our New York headquarters office to prepare and lead a variety of financial analyses and modeling in support of the firm’s due diligence of investment opportunities across the US and/or Europe.
Founded in 2002, Madison is a global leader in the acquisition of partial ownership interests in high quality real estate properties and portfolios. Madison utilizes its direct secondary strategy to acquire limited partnership, closed end fund, public and private REITs, joint venture, and structured equity interests in class A properties and portfolios in the U.S, U.K., and Western Europe. Madison has assets under management of approximately $5.5B and is currently deploying capital on behalf of multiple private equity vehicles. Madison maintains offices in New York, London, Frankfurt, Luxembourg and Amsterdam.
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios
- Provide support in the review of property budgets, business plans, quarterly reforecasts, and variance analyses
- Develop a working knowledge of leases, loan documents, partnership agreements, and other agreements for general responsibilities
- Participate in the development and maintenance of financial waterfall models and analyses, including discounted cash flows, IRR analysis, NPV analysis, etc. for each asset utilizing Microsoft Excel and Argus
- Assist in performing refinancing analyses, quarterly valuations, sell/hold analyses, leasing NPV/NER, and other ad hoc requirements
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual investor reports and presentations
- Compile and maintain quarterly Asset Manager reports
- Update Argus and JV models, leasing statistics and capital expenditure tracking reports
- Compile, maintain research on markets within portfolio (sales comps, lease comps)
- 1-2 years of formal real estate investment or asset management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, economics, real estate, or related field
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals, commercial office leases, financing principles, and basic capital structures
- Expert in Excel and Argus – Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, attention to detail
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as VTS, iLevel, Real Logic and MRI
- Able to thrive in a fast-moving environment, highly motivated self-starter with well developed personal and client management skills.