This position works closely with the Director of Investments and the Investment Team in acquiring any marketed or off-market projects, adding value to acquired projects and disposing of the projects to meet the Madison Marquette’s (“Company”) goals on investment returns. The Investment Associate/Analyst will provide a broad range of analytical, research and general support services to the Director of Investments working on specific client transactions or new business opportunities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Investment Team, including the CEO, in sourcing retail properties to be pursued for acquisition by creating property-specific valuation models through in-depth property and trade analysis.
- Creates base development/return on cost models used in projecting pro formas for development projects.
- Assists in the preparation of investment/financing proposals for the Board of Directors, lenders and equity partners for potential acquisitions, dispositions and re-financings of currently owned properties.
- Maintains current financials on acquired properties for financing and partnership opportunities.
- Assists due diligence efforts with lenders and equity investors on properties under contract; reviews financial reports, environmental and legal issues, property condition and local market research.
- Creates and maintain a comprehensive market database for retail real estate that meets the key investment criteria in Madison Marquette’s target markets (e.g., ideal property profile, anchor tenants, local sale and lease comparable, etc.).
- Build and modify JV waterfalls throughout the JV equity negotiation process to ensure the optimization of partner returns and alignment of their interests.
- Model and maintain economic tests in loan covenants to ensure pro forma cash flows provide sufficient cushion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related field
- Position requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience analyzing retail real estate properties for value, disposition or acquisition
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost accounting principles including GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- a high degree of demonstrated proficiency in ms office and argus is required and excel modeling skills
- Candidate should possess excellent financial analysis, task management, multi-tasking, problem solving, interpersonal, oral presentation and written communication skills as she/he will work at the highest levels of the company.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy and a flexible outlook toward task management
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and be flexible with work hours
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Travel up to 20% of the time will be required