As an intern, you will work with one or more senior professionals researching companies, industries, and broader economic trends on a global basis with the goal of making investments for our clients that help them reach their financial goals. You will report to the Managing Director of one of our investment teams.
Your internship will be 10 weeks long. Extensive mentoring and work on investment candidates (e.g. a stock) begins day one. Past interns have completed work on 2-3 projects during the summer, many of which culminated in presentations to one or more investment committees and actual investments for our clients.
- Conduct company, industry, and macroeconomic research using online sources, industry standard databases, interviews, etc. for investment ideas
- Partner with senior investment professionals to create financial models including projections and valuation analyses
- Write investment recommendations supported by your quantitative analyses
- Present recommendations
- You are enrolled in the third year of a degree program and have a strong record of academic achievement
- You have a desire to “understand the world” from an economic, financial, and sociological perspective and use that understanding for the benefit of clients
- You have completed several courses in one or more of: business, economics, accounting, mathematics and statistics
- Experience in an investment club or investment-oriented activity a plus