Mark Tessier Landscape Architecture, Inc. (MTLA, inc.) is a full-service, award-winning landscape architecture design firm located in Santa Monica, CA. We create vibrant environments that transform open and underutilized terrain into activated spaces that inspire personal discoveries and cultivate connections.
Our team is seeking an addition – a landscape architect / designer or architect (3-7 years) willing to roll up their sleeves and get to work.
Candidate must be
· Willing to work on a diverse collection of project types including: private residential, adaptive re-use, commercial, institutional, mixed-use market rate + affordable housing.
· A lover of design + passion for creativity; a creative thinker + problem solver
· Detail oriented + highly organized; self-motivated + resourceful
· Able to manage multiple tasks / projects simultaneously
· Able to work both independently (self-starter) as well as collaboratively (team-player)
· Knowledgeable of all phases of the landscape design process from Concept Design + Planning through Construction Documents + Administration
Responsibilities + Duties
· Craft concept designs, site renderings / illustrations based on client input
· Interface with clients, design team + consultants
· Work directly with Principal + Project Manager
· Code research + source products
· Prepare schematic designs / design development + construction details + documents
· Communicate with consultants and contractors to implement designs
· Coordinate RFIs + submittals
· Shepherd projects from concept design through construction administration / implementation
Minimum Qualifications + Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Architecture
· Professional experience in a landscape architecture or architecture firm
· Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketch-Up, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop + InDesign, Illustrator); Excel, RevIt is a plus
· Hand sketching / drawing skills
· Knowledge of planting design, construction / hardscape materials + technical aspects of landscape architecture
· Experience with construction documents + specifications as well as construction detailing, administration + coordination
· Good interpersonal + communication skills
· Strong graphic + design skills
Landscape architecture license not required.
MTLA, inc. offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. All candidates should have legal working status in the United States.