The Infrastructure Processor Business Unit post silicon design validation group in Marvell Semiconductor designs and develops test platforms for validating multi-core Arm-based Network processors used in many communication infrastructure applications such as 5G base stations and cloud computing platforms. The electrical characterization team is a post silicon validation sub-group focused on the debug and characterization of Serdes and DDR interfaces on the processor. The Serdes interface run at speeds up to 56Gbps PAM4 and are used for several protocols including Ethernet, PCIe, CPRI and JESD. The DDR interface runs at DDR4/5 speeds up to 5600MT/s. Characterization engineers are responsible for developing test platforms and automated test suites to characterize the analog interfaces over process voltage and temperature (PVT) extremes to determine if the silicon is viable for volume production.
As a member of a dynamic development team, the candidate will be responsible for contributing to the design, analysis and debug of the Serdes and DDR test platforms. The member will also have an opportunity to participate in debugging the Serdes and DDR analog interface to resolve issues over PVT. Participation in these tasks will allow for the member to gain insight into the operation of state-of-the-art Serdes design including Transmit FFE and Receiver CTLE and DFE equalization circuits used for tuning link performance.
- Understanding the requirements of the product
- Designing and Developing test suites and automation using JTAG, Labview and Python
- Analysis of high-end PCB’s using the Cadence Allegro design suite
- Analysis and tuning of high frequency transmission lines using the Ansys HFSS tools
- Performing electrical characterization testing on Serdes/DDR interfaces using Realtime Oscilloscopes, Vector Network Analyzers and BERTscopes
- Candidate MUST be currently pursuing a BS/MS (preferred) degree in EE or related technical field(s)
- 0-1 years of previous experience
- Excellent Design and Development experience, pursuing an MS in EE and good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of the Python language with experience developing code and good problem solving skills
- Good understanding of PCIe and Ethernet Serdes protocols
- Experience using a Realtime or Sampling Oscilloscope for performing serdes analysis
- Experience with high speed differential transmission line design and analysis is a plus
- Experience working on ARM processors/technologies is a plus
With competitive compensation and great benefits, you will enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us. For additional information on what it’s like to work at Marvell, visit our Careers page.
Marvell provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with the company and will strive to improve performance. If you are driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at Marvell.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Any applicant who requires a reasonable accommodation during the selection process should contact Marvell HR Helpdesk at GR-HR-Services-Americas@marvell.com or 408-222-3604.