PSCS Social Worker I, Criminal Justice
DEPARTMENT Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs
DATE OPENED 2/28/2020 11:59:00 PM
FILING DEADLINE 12/31/2020 11:59:00 PM
SALARY $46,477.00 – $74,191.00/year
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-Time
HR ANALYST Jacob Rolon
This recruitment will be used to fill future vacancies in the following locations; Allegany County, Washington County, Baltimore City, Anne Arundel County, and Somerset County. Candidates must specify on their application which locations they are willing to work.
LOCATION OF POSITION
North Branch Correctional Institution
14100 McMullen Highway, S.W.
Cumberland, Maryland 21502
Maryland Correctional Training Center
18800 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, Maryland 21746
Maryland Reception Diagnostic and Classification Center
550 E. Madison Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Metropolitan Transition Center
954 Forrest Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Anne Arundel County
Maryland Correctional Institution –Women
7943 Brock Bridge Road
Jessup, Maryland 20794
Eastern Correctional Institution
30420 Revells Neck Rd
Westover, MD 21890
Main Purpose Of Job
The purpose of this position is to provide the full range of social work services to adult inmates housed in a correctional facility within the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services.
Provides clinical case management services and develops comprehensive aftercare plans for special needs inmates due to be released.
Conducts therapeutic/didactic groups with a cognitive-behavioral theory base to the general inmate population.
Maintains and completes monthly reports and statistics.
Serves on peer level consultation teams.
Participates in institutional, regional and divisional staff meetings as required.
Serves on special task force and work group as assigned by supervisor.
Completes special projects or task as assigned.
Provides individual counseling for crisis intervention as assigned.
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Graduate Social Worker (on or before June 30, 2018), Master Social Worker (on or after July 1, 2018), Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Employees must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees required to qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
Skilled and Professional Exams and T&E use:
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the “other” tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: J. Rolon
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1107
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-3695
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.