DESE is looking for interns for the Fall, Spring, and Summer!
As a video production intern at the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, you will be responsible for helping to communicate the success and progress of Massachusetts public schools. You will create video content for a wide variety of platforms. Previous and ongoing campaigns include Teach Mass and Deeper Learning.
- Help produce videos for the website, social media, MailChimp newsletters, and other digital marketing
- Provide creative ideas and suggestions to help enhance productions
- Help produce and edit tutorial videos for internal communication
- Assist the team with workflow processes as needed
Desired skills and background:
- Major in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or Media/Video Studies preferred
- Experience with video production and editing
- Experience with Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of multimedia and media channels
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Benefits of working at DESE:
- Enjoy flexible hours and the option of working remotely
- Gain hands-on experience and develop industry skills
- Learn how to work in a team and collaborate with others
- Participate in key decision-making meetings and activities that impact the entire state
- Build your resume and professional network
- Receive feedback at the end of the internship to support your career
DESE’s expectations for you:
- You have relevant experience and the desired skill sets
- You are an active thinker and like to share your thoughts and opinions
- You are good at time management and multitasking
- You can quickly adapt to new work environments
- You are a self-starter and team player
- You can commit at least 10 hours a week
Equal opportunity employment:
DESE’s employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Parking and transportation:
From the T: take the Orange Line and get off at the Malden Center stop. DESE is a 5-minute walk from the station.
Parking is available both at the CBD Garage and Jackson Street Garage. The parking lot next to DESE is limited to 2-hour parking.