At MassMutual, we are looking for and investing in students who will become tomorrow’s future business leaders. As an intern in our Insurance Operations organization at MassMutual, you will help solve real business problems, develop both the professional and leadership skills needed to build a successful career, while having fun and building relationships that will last a lifetime. As an intern, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to adapt and thrive in complex, uncertain and changing situations while highlighting your intellectual curiosity as a continuous learner. You’ll be able to earn confidence and trust through ownership, commitment and follow-through in achieving results in your projects, while building a deeper understanding of how a business operates, specifically with a continuous improvement mindset. You’ll bring your ability to manage priorities effectively and adapting quickly to achieve goals.
This internship is based out of our Springfield, MA office in a hybrid setting where you will be onsite three (3) days per week.
This program is for college students who are preparing for a future in leadership (people or project management). As a Summer Intern in our Insurance Operations Early Career Program, you will be a part of a company that fosters an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward. You will experience both professional and personal development through some of the key aspects of the program described below.
- Meaningful Projects: Apply your knowledge and skills by participating in high profile projects in a respected and highly rated company. Take part in our collaborative work environment focusing on process improvements that help us better serve our customers, including both external and internal customers.
- Mentors: Be paired with professionals at MassMutual to learn about the business throughout several departments while utilizing your mentors as a sounding board to share and shape your ideas.
- Networking Opportunities: Engage with the greater MassMutual community by being involved in networking activities and sessions set up as smaller group meetings with senior leaders in the company.
- Volunteer Opportunities: MassMutual invests more than $20 million annually in organizations across the country to support communities and broaden their economic opportunity. Join colleagues within MassMutual and make a positive impact in the community!
As an intern in this program, your work will help our customers secure their future and protect the ones they love. You’ll experience our inclusive culture where we rely on one another and strive to deliver value for our employees, customers and our future. You’ll experience the support we provide employees through resources, tools and a culture that values their contribution.
The Minimum Qualifications
- Current Sophomore or Junior enrolled in a four-year Bachelor’s degree program
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership skills gained from student clubs, community involvement or work experience
- Able to work in office at our Springfield, MA corporate home office
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US, without requiring any future sponsorship
The Ideal Qualifications
- Strong, creative problem solver
- Strong data analysis skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication
- Able to influence others and demonstrate strong consultative skills
- Works autonomously, self-starter
- Intellectually curious and agile learner
- Able to demonstrate strong business acumen
- Minor in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Military experience a plus!
- Demonstration of MassMutual’s Core Values: Act with Integrity, Focus on the Customer, Value People, Work Collaboratively, and Achieve Results
What to Expect as Part of MassMutual and the Team
- Regular meetings with your team
- Focused one-on-one meetings with your manager
- Access to mentorship opportunities
- Networking opportunities including access to Asian, Hispanic/Latinx, African American, women, LBTQ, Veteran and disability-focused Business Resource Groups
- Access to learning content on Degreed and other informational platforms
- Your ethics and integrity will be valued by a company with a strong and stable ethical business with industry leading pay and benefits