There are products that customers think are cool at the moment, and then there are products that customers cannot live without because they are so incredibly useful. At Matician, we are building the latter because these are the products worth spending our lives on. We want to build great products to solve real problems.
We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough to reimagine home devices and apply Level 5 autonomy and mobility so that people can save time and energy bypassing repetitive and mundane tasks inside the home.
We’re a small team with a singular focus on product that combines technologies such as vision, ML, structure-from-motion, and robotics. Our goal is to ship products that people love.
Electrical Engineering Student to join our early core team in the process of receiving a BS/BEng or MS/MEng or related discipline.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An out-of-box thinker and doer, unafraid of solving really-hard-problems, and willing to do whatever it takes to ship extremely useful products.
- Curious, asks lots of questions, challenges conventional wisdoms, and doesn’t shy from contrarian opinions/approaches.
- Someone who prioritizes user needs, functionality, and usefulness.
- Detail-oriented and has pride in their work.
- Exposure to schematic capture and PCB design
- Able to bring up and debug new board designs
- Experience with kernel and embedded software development a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Collaborate with the HW, SW, and Algorithms team to bring product vision to life.
- Subsystem design and prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification, and signal characterization.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers to optimize placement
- Create clear and readable schematics for electrical designs.
- Work with PCB designers to create reliable and low-weight layouts.
- Write requirements, participate in DFMEAs, create and carry out test and validation plans.