There are products that customers think are cool at the moment, and then there are products that customers cannot live without because they are so incredibly useful. At Matician, we are building the latter because these are the products worth spending our lives on. We want to build great products to solve real problems.
We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough to reimagine home devices and apply Level 5 autonomy and mobility so that people can save time and energy bypassing repetitive and mundane tasks inside the home.
We’re a small team with a singular focus on product that combines technologies such as vision, ML, structure-from-motion, and robotics. Our goal is to ship products that people love.
Electrical Engineer to join our early core team with BS/BEng or MS/MEng or related discipline.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An out-of-box thinker and doer, unafraid of solving really-hard-problems, and willing to do whatever it takes to ship extremely useful products.
- Curious, asks lots of questions, challenges conventional wisdoms, and doesn’t shy from contrarian opinions/approaches.
- Sees around the corner and proactively identifies and mitigates long-range risks.
- Someone who prioritizes user needs, functionality, and usefulness.
- Detail-oriented and has pride in their work.
- Strong knowledge of electrical fundamentals and mixed signal circuitry
- Experience with common digital protocols, including I2C, SPI, USB, MIPI
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout
- Experience with component selection
- Experience with power electronics, DC motors, inverters, ESCs, and control theory a plus
- Experience with kernel and embedded software development bring up a plus
- Experience with high speed board design a plus
- Exposure to regulatory certification processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Supply chain management and PCBA contract manufacturing experience a plus
- Collaborate with the HW, SW, and Algorithms team to bring product vision to life
- Board layout of PCB assemblies including SoCs, microcontrollers, rugged connectors, sensors, power devices, etc.
- Assist in board bringup and debug any potential issues that come up
- Minimize package volume and mass and maximizing reliability.
- Subsystem design and prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, hardware bug tracking, functional verification and signal characterization.
- Electromechanical integration through collaboration with mechanical engineers
- Create clear and readable schematics for electrical designs
- Component selection for best performance/price ratio
- Write requirements, participate in DFMEAs, create and carry out test and validation plans.
- Work with contract manufacturers to ensure quality control and functional correctness of PCBAs
- Support through production and testing