There are products that customers think are cool at the moment, and then there are products that customers cannot live without because they are so incredibly useful. At Matician, we are building the latter because these are the products worth spending our lives on. We want to build great products to solve real problems.
We believe that sensors and algorithms are finally good enough to reimagine home devices and apply Level 5 autonomy and mobility so that people can save time and energy bypassing repetitive and mundane tasks inside the home.
We’re a small team with a singular focus on product that combines technologies such as vision, ML, structure-from-motion, and robotics. Our goal is to ship products that people love.
- An out-of-box thinker and doer, unafraid of solving really-hard-problems, and willing to do whatever it takes to ship extremely useful products.
- Curious, asks lots of questions, challenges conventional wisdoms, and doesn’t shy from contrarian opinions/approaches.
- Someone who prioritizes user needs, functionality, and usefulness
- Detail-oriented and has pride in their work.
- 1+ years designing parts and assemblies for consumer electronics–including knowledge of typical manufacturing processes (injection molding, stamping, die-casting, wireforming etc.)
- Strong CAD skills (1+ years)–including knowledge of master/skeleton modeling, managing large assemblies, and familiarity with PDM.
- Grasp of GD&T and engineering tolerance analysis
- Understanding of DFM, DFA, and tooling considerations
- Proven track record of designing and shipping successful products
- Industry experience designing consumer robotics
- Thermal and fluid analysis expertise
- Comfortability establishing relationships with vendors, suppliers, and CMs in a startup environment