Job Title: Wireless RAN Engineer Intern
Location: Richardson TX, USA
Mavenir is looking for passionate and self-motived intern engineers within its Access Products division to develop, test and qualify base station products for small cell and macro deployments.
The ideal candidates will have an academic background in communications and networking technologies along with hardware and/or embedded software development skills. Familiarity with 3GPP LTE and 5GNR standards, technologies, and products is desirable. Passion for assessing and improving products and solutions in a competitive marketplace is needed.
As a Wireless RAN (Radio Access Network) Engineer R&D Intern, you will be part of the team that designs, develops and qualifies digital, RF, FPGA, and radio subsystems, in addition to embedded software. You will also participate in end-to-end integration of wireless base stations. You will work closely with hardware, software, system and test engineers with broad experience in communication systems development. This is a great opportunity to use your academic knowledge and analytical skills towards product development and gain valuable industry experience. You get to work on and be exposed to all aspects of what goes into wireless infrastructure products and solutions.
General Key Responsibilities:
· Participate in development of RAN (Radio Access Network) systems.
· Write software and scripts for test tools and automation.
· Integrate wireless infrastructure subsystems.
· Conduct end-to-end evaluation of the base stations using advanced test instruments.
· Be hands-on and apply theory to practical problems.
· Electrical Engineering or Computer Science majors
· One or more of the of the following:
o Knowledge of RF and Digital Communications (4G(LTE)/5G)
o Good understanding of embedded real time systems and networking.
o Capable in C, C++, Python, Shell Scripting (bash), Linux OS, etc.