Do you have a passion for working with children and families? MBI Health Services, LLC is looking for compassionate, dedicated people in the Washington D.C. area who want to empower youth and families by creating strength-based behavior change that will be sustained long after treatment ends. A Community-Based Therapist, also known as MST therapist, typically is providing evidence-based therapy via video conferencing until in-home work can be conducted safely.
You will receive training in the Multisystemic Therapy (MST) model as you begin working with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement MST as designed. Extensive research has proven the effectiveness of MST. MST therapists do whatever it takes, via close collaboration with all involved, to address the needs of juveniles with serious criminal offenses and, in some cases, substance abuse. You will empower families to address challenging and/or problematic behavior and to help youth aged 12 – 17 make life-transforming changes. Treatment progress is made through intensive interventions such as skill building, changing unhelpful family interactions, and increasing social support, to name a few.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide direct clinical treatment using the Community-Based Therapist or MST treatment model and principles. Some principles include leveraging strengths and focusing on the positive, understanding sequences of behavior, and increasing mature behavior.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the client and family: gather information on behaviors of concern and strengths in the family and their ecology to inform conceptualization of the problem behaviors and interactions within the family’s ecological context.
- Continuously work to engage the primary caregiver, family members, supports, and community agency staff (school, probation, child welfare) in change-oriented treatment.
- Dedicate time to weekly case planning and evaluation of case progress, with ongoing support from your supervisor and team members.
- Receive regular training, professional development, supervision, and consultation activities designed to help you acquire extensive clinical skills within the MST treatment model.
- Assure, along with fellow clinicians, that clients have access to 24 hours/day, 7 days/week support as needed.
Master’s degree in clinical or counseling Psychology, Social Work, or a related subject area required
Professional licensure as: LGPC, LGSW, LSWA or Licensed Psychologist Associate required.
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic, and functional) family therapies
- Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive-behavioral techniques
- Couples therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
- Implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of youth (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Collaboration and partnership with community agencies
- Previous work providing in-home or community-based therapy services
For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUhcojAeC9E&authuser=0
MBI HEALTH SERVICES, LLC HAS FEDERAL LOAN FORGIVENESS SITE!!!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- MST Therapy: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master’s (Required)
- LGPC or LGSW or LSWA or Licensed Psych. Assoc. (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19; however due to the nature of the MST model and the needs of the families we serve, therapists are asked to be flexible in providing some level of face-to-face contact with families within CDC guidelines. COVID-19 symptom screenings and Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by MBI.