Summer Intern 2021 – Ecommerce Strategy and Planning Analyst
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 8 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson’s 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
McKesson’s Intern program provides you with an opportunity to experience in the healthcare industry, first-hand. By applying your education to a real-life working environment, you will receive a solid foundation of experience.
Overview of the team responsibilities:
Our Consumer Markets Product Management and Strategy Team is responsible for the direction, delivery and ownership of major business and technology programs related to McKesson Medical Surgical Ecommerce Business. This Business is growing to become a major leader in the delivery of Medical Surgical products to Consumers via multiple digital retail channels such as our own Website and Major 3rd Party Online Channels such as Amazon, eBay and Walmart.
Intern Program Details:
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 weeks
- Positions will reside in Richmond, VA
- No company sponsored housing, relocation, student visa or Green Card assistance available
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
- Training provided from vendors, subject matter experts, and computer-based training with certificate prep.
- Support our Ecommerce Strategy and Planning Program Manager in delivery of key initiatives related to our Online Ecommerce Marketplace Growth
- Learn the key components of delivery for supporting a major online retailing business
- Acting with direction, develop insights and reports related to the progress of major programs and management of day to day plans
- Interact with other teams to gather and collate information related to the status of our Ecommerce Daily Operations Programs such as Distribution, Analytics, Strategy, Technology and Category Management
- Manage individual assignments related to improving key elements of overall Ecommerce Execution such as Assortment Management, Shipping, Customer Care, Product Content Management etc.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at the time of the internship, at the Undergraduate or Graduate level
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 credit hours by the start of the internship
- 18 Years of age
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Preferred Majors: General Business Studies, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- General Office Demands
- As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare.
- No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history. If selected for the role, you will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug screen (including marijuana, where permitted) before starting work.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAquisition@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted. Current employees must apply through the internal career site. Join as at McKesson!