Application deadlines vary by school, please visit your schools career page here to view your deadline.
Please include your GPA and ACT/SAT Score directly on your resume.
SOPHOMORE DIVERSITY LEADERS INTERNSHIP
We are committed to building the leaders of tomorrow. As part of that commitment, we are proud to offer a Sophomore (second-year) Diversity Leaders Internship program. This program, which is part of our firm-wide effort to attract top diversity talent, joins our strong network of diverse colleagues at McKinsey.
“McKinsey’s SDLI program gave me the confidence to set my ambitions higher and the skills to realize them in a way I could not have gotten anywhere else or so soon in my career.”
– Kyle Hutzler, former SDLI
Our Sophomore (second-year) Diversity Leaders Internship program (SDLI) provides first-hand experience with consulting at McKinsey & Company to a highly select group of undergraduate students who are Black, African American, Hispanic, Latino, and/or part of Indigenous groups in North America. Candidates who are currently undergraduate sophomores or in their second-year of undergraduate studies at U.S. or Canadian universities are eligible to apply. As part of this special program, Diversity Sophomore (second-year) Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Work in one of the following offices for 10 weeks: Atlanta, Boston, Calgary, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis, Montreal, New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Seattle, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Southern California, Stamford, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington D.C., or with Digital McKinsey (all locations), Corporate Finance, Marketing & Sales & Private Equity.
- Gain real-world experience with the broad range of work McKinsey consultants do, including serving clients as well as helping to build McKinsey’s internal knowledge and capabilities
- Build critical new skills within a training program specifically designed for the SDLI program
- Participate in a number of social activities throughout the summer to help them get to know our Firm culture, interact with other summer interns, as well as members of our diversity communities
McKinsey is deeply focused on learning and personal development, and we want to ensure candidates are given the right training and experience to be set up for success post-graduation. At the end of the summer, successful interns may receive an offer to join us as a Summer Business Analyst for the following summer or as a full-time Business Analyst after the completion of their degree.
Ideal candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Undergraduate students who plan to graduate in the winter of 2022 or spring of 2023
- Strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth
- Outstanding academic performance and an aptitude for analytics
- Initiative-taking and leadership skills in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
- Resourceful, intellectually curious, empathetic, poised, high energy and mature
- Genuine interest in a business and find problem solving exhilarating
- Enjoy working in teams
Your resume does not need to be tailored for McKinsey, but we encourage you to highlight teamwork and leadership experiences from both high school and college. Examples may include work with student government, varsity sports, or a debate team. Additionally, please list on your resume any scholarships and awards that you received in high school and/or college (e.g., National Honor Society, National AP Scholar, Gates Millennium Scholar–this list is not exhaustive).