Registered Nurse, Med/Surg
Meadville Medical Center is hiring for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Med/Surg to work full-time, all shifts in our Medical Surgical Unit (Med/Surg).
The Registered Nurse (RN) – Med/Surg will coordinate total nursing care for patients using nursing standards and the nursing process; participate in patient and family teaching; provide leadership working cooperatively with other health care providers.
Registered Nurse (RN) – Med/Surg Education and Experience Requirements:
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally required through completion of an accredited school of nursing.
- Specialty units may have additional requirements according to their policy.
- Current State Nursing License or having made application for licensure.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and perform professional nursing care, resolve patient care problems, and interact with patients, families, and other team members – often during stressful situations.
- Ability to make frequent rounds, lift patients, position patients, and to transport patients to provide treatment and to maintain patient comfort.
- Must independently be able to respond to an emergency situation.
Registered Nurse (RN) – Med/Surg Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Lifting, reaching, walking, carrying, pushing, pulling.
- Ability to see and hear with or without mechanical aides.
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperature changes.
- May be exposed to potential hazards such as chemical wastes, body wastes, fluids and other possible infectious material.
If you or someone you know are interested in the Registered Nurse (RN) – Med/Surg job, please go to www.mmchs.org/careers and apply directly or contact Lindsay Heller at 814-333-5157 or email@example.com