- Do you want your internship to be with a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered “Yes” to those two questions – read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
We’re Mercer – we believe in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
THE POSITION: WEALTH ACTUARIAL INTERN
Mercer’s Wealth consultants design long-term wealth benefit programs that ensure appropriate support for retired employees while respecting an organization’s strategy, culture and budget. Our Wealth Financial Management framework, supported by state-of-the-art tools, enables us to produce measurable retirement plan improvements.
To learn more about Mercer’s Wealth practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/wealth-and-investments.html
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
WEALTH ACTUARIAL INTERN REQUIREMENTS
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, math, statistics, economics, or other related field
- Status as a currently enrolled student; candidates should have an expected graduation date in the Fall of 2021 or Spring of 2022
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0 / 4.0)
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation
- Legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
- Analyze client data to track historical and future employment trends and their impact on retirement benefit programs and funding
- Use state-of-the-art software and stochastic modeling tools to calculate clients financial measurement of their retirement benefit programs
- Assist senior consultants as they strategize with clients to develop/enhance their retirement benefit programs
- Review and share updated regulations and or legislated changes that affect clients’ ongoing administration of their retirement benefit programs
WHAT’S IT IN FOR YOU?
- Client exposure and a high level of responsibility
- Develop your natural skills and learn new ones
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- First hand exposure to client work
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We offer several Business Resource Groups (BRGs) that employees can participate in (MMC Pride, Rising Professionals, Racial, Ethnic & Multicultural Diversity) Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Candidates must apply via the Mercer careers website to be considered. Please follow the link in your school career system to the posting on our website. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in over 40 countries and the firm operates in over 140 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh, Guy Carpenter , Mercer, Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit http://careers.mmc.com/ follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @lifeatmercer or subscribe to BRINK. For a glimpse into our culture check out our intern blog site at https://mercercampus.wordpress.com/.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.