Metis Strategy is a management and strategy consulting firm focused on the intersection of business and technology. We serve as trusted advisers to Fortune 500 companies, and we pride ourselves on publishing influential content, which strengthens our brand and demonstrates thought leadership to prospective clients. Our president produces a widely listened to podcast with Fortune 500 CXOs, and is also writing his 3rd book. We are seeking a part-time intern to assist with these and similar activities as we seek to leverage our content as a competitive advantage.
Role & Responsibilities: As a media intern, you will play a central role in helping Metis Strategy leverage several media channels to develop brand awareness, demonstrate thought leadership, engage with other thought leaders, and connect with prospective clients.
Your primary duties to be completed as assigned will be as follows:
- assist with social media marketing
- support the development and marketing of our 3rd book
- podcast production and Forbes transcript editing
- managing and updating the relevant section of our website
- developing episode summaries and guest introductions
- highlighting key business and technology trends that emerge
You may also be asked to assist with other tasks from time to time.
Initially, we are seeking an intern to work approximately 20 hours per week remotely. Depending on your performance, your ambitions, and the needs of the firm, there may be opportunity take on expanded responsibilities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Superb writing skills and strong grasp of the English language
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Attention to detail and ability to independently execute complex, multi-step processes
- Interest in or experience with social media marketing
- Knowledge of Audacity and WordPress is a plus, but not essential
- Interest in business and technology is also a plus
- Experience with podcasts is a plus
- Video editing experience is a plus
What Metis Strategy Has to Offer
- This internship will provide you with strong experience independently managing end-to-end processes, as well as exposure to using media/communications as a strategic business driver.
- Successful candidates will be motivated to produce high-quality thought leadership at the intersection of business and technology while continuously improving their own skill set and embracing emerging intellectual challenges.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.