Manager, Digital Commerce & Strategy
New York, NY
Who You Are:
As the Manager of Digital Commerce & Strategy you will support the global digital flagship store,
michaelkors.com, to align merchandise strategies across retail, wholesale, and e-commerce via the online merchandising of the website. You are passionate for retail and driving sales in a fast-paced environment. You are excited to be a part of the Michael Kors’ e-commerce team and seeking an opportunity to develop and grow multi-channel sales on a global level.
What You’ll Do:
• Develop and drive strategies. Analyze LY data and current market trend to support strategy
• Understand market trends including pricing, style, and key messaging. Use knowledge to make
sound recommendations to Buying / Planning teams.
• Understand how to drive financial results that maximize revenue, gross margin, and inventory
turn goals and partner with Buying / Planning on execution.
• Influence category assortments by analyzing product performance, customer feedback,
consumer trend, competitive landscape and local market knowledge to global trend and design.
• Drive KPIs such as conversion, average order value, and units per transaction through
continuous improvement to website navigation and presentation of product.
• Continuously analyze business and implement strategies to ensure execution, including
adjusting the site content and consumer journey to drive optimal growth.
• Cross functional management of the customer experience with a continuous review of
improvement opportunities across all aspects of the user journey and user experience.
• Work to ensure the end to end process of getting products live on the site, on time, while
ensuring that all key stakeholders are managed efficiently.
• Look to actively review and improve on processes, within the e-commerce team and with the
wider business teams.
• Partner with Buying, Planning, Analytics, Marketing, Creative, Operations, Customer Care, and
the Warehouse teams to create synergies among all consumer touch points.
• Partner with marketing and creative to communicate big ideas, key investments, strategies, and
special needs for seasonal updates to the site, as well as promotional and sale events.
• Lead, motivate, and mentor a team of 3 at varying levels to ensure growth and development
across the team through effective coaching and enablement.
• Compile seasonal Hindsight’s to share out to cross functional partners as well as leadership
• Drive a seamless Omni-channel experience by implementing parallel merchandising strategies
for desktop, mobile, retail, e-commerce, and the APP.
• Ensure the accuracy and timelines of all product launches, marketing campaigns and other
• Partner with the CRM team to analyze customer data and utilize important information to improve the business relationship with customers.
• Report weekly against site metrics and key KPIS, ensuring actions can be taken each week to drive incremental conversion and therefore sales opportunity.
• Produce ad-hoc and post event analysis of all site key activities, identifying actionable insights.
• Collaborate and work cross functionally with the wider business to drive e-commerce growth.
• Effectively communicate to all stake holders to align and support all business needs.
You’ll Need to Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing (or comparable work experience)
• Minimum of 4-5+ years’ experience in direct or e-commerce environment, part or all in planning or buying capacity
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
• Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to ever changing priorities within a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with Adobe Analytics or similar platform
• Experience working within an e-commerce PIM, CMS, strong familiarity with different e-commerce platforms and 3rd party solutions, preferable knowledge in BCC, Endeca, Dynamic Yield and/or Reflektion
• Generous Holiday Schedule and Vacation Days
• Internal mobility across Capri Brands (Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, Versace)
• Michael Kors and Jimmy Choo Discount
• Exclusive Employee Sales
• Fav 5 Cards (MK Discount for friends and family)
• 401k Match
• Paid Parental Leave
• Thrive Wellness Program (seasonal in-office massages and more!)
• Commuter Benefits
• Gym Discounts
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V