**MUST APPLY VIA EXTERNAL LINK TO BE CONSIDERED**
NOTE: Please upload your resume and cover letter in PDF format only. Cover letters are required.
Milliman, one of the world’s largest providers of actuarial and related products and services, is looking for motivated applicants for a full-time summer internship for our Wakefield, Massachusetts office. The full-time intern will be expected to work 37.5 hours/week. We offer competitive pay, and the opportunity to work on real world assignments in a fast-paced property & casualty consulting practice.
Please note that due to the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, this position may be conducted on a remote basis (a laptop will be provided). However, all applicants should be available and prepared to conduct their work on-site at our Wakefield, MA office.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree
- Exam progress or interest in pursuing a career in actuarial science
- Strong technical and analytic skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative background
- Interest in property & casualty insurance and related topics
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Self-motivated and inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Strong time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in statistical programming languages (e.g. VBA, R, SAS, SQL, Python) favored, but is not required
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and using actuarial models;
- Data analysis and reconciliation
- Solving unique problems using spreadsheets, databases, and other software packages; and
- Drafting written reports and preparing other correspondence.
We encourage all interested students to learn more about our company through our website: www.milliman.com. Other useful actuarial websites are as follows: www.beanactuary.org, www.casact.org, and www.soa.org.
Applicants must be presently authorized to work in the United States. The Boston Property & Casualty practice will not sponsor applicants for this position for the following work visas/statuses: F-1 STEM OPT, H-1B, J-1, TN, O-1, L-1, or E-1/2.