MKSK is a landscape architecture, urban design, and planning ﬁrm known for creative solutions addressing economic, social, environmental, historical, and cultural challenges within our cities. Our 90+ person team of Landscape Architects and Urban Planners, spread across 7 offices in 5 states, craft public places and spaces to transform, inspire, and perform successfully.
MKSK focuses on the planning and design of downtown, waterfront, neighborhood, cultural, and campus environments. Our relationships with cities, institutions, and private sector clients span generations. We are passionate about our work and the legacy of our practice!
MKSK offers competitive salary and benefits and we emphasize workplace flexibility. We understand the need to balance work and life and offer flex hours to accommodate family responsibilities. Please apply by submitting a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented, articulate, mid-level professional landscape designer and manage urban-oriented projects in our Columbus office.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Produce planning, design, presentation, and technical documents.
- Define, track, and manage projects from proposal through completion.
- Attend project meetings and disseminate project direction to staff.
- Effectively perform and manage staff to complete project tasks, goals and design objectives.
- Coordinate deliverables with prime consultants, coordinate the work of sub-consultants.
- Expand and improve design, graphic, communication, technical, management, and client skills.
- Participate in continuing education both inside and outside the office.
- Ability to manage staff, consultants, clients, and project tasks.
- Ability to work in team environment and effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate across offices with internal staff
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook software.
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS software preferred.
- Work with senior landscape architects to develop design, site plans, specifications and costs for land development.
- Prepare graphic representations and models of plans using computer aided design and drafting (CADD) software.
- Proficiency of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AutoCAD, Rhino3D, ArcGIS, Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in landscape architecture required
- Plus 6 years’ minimum experience.
- Registration with current license strongly desired/required.