The Community Health Engagement Coordinator is responsible for connecting with underserved populations to understand their experiences, gather input and share information with the OCIE team for continuous improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the development and implementation of community outreach and engagement plans to reach at-risk communities;
- Build relationships through one-on-one and group meetings with residents and community stakeholders to understand community ex-pressed issues;
- Assist in data collection and analysis through Community Needs Assessments, surveys, town halls, testimonials, etc. to identify needs or improvement of programming;
- Create and foster an environment that embraces cultural diversity, equity and inclusion to serve the needs of the community;
- Connect people with appropriate referrals and resources, follow-up as needed;
- Attend community meetings and events to provide information and promote prevention programs;
- Other related work as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Public Health Administration, Health Education, Communications, Health Communications, Social Work or related field;
- Skills and confidence in public speaking, relationship-building, and community outreach;
- Strong active listening skills and ability to build trusted community relationships with community members from diverse backgrounds through email, phone, video conference, and in-person;
- Understanding of and dedication to valuing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion;
- Knowledgeable of community organizations and resources;
- Bilingual or multilingual in (Languages needed: Spanish, Chinese, Korean) Preferred;
- Duties require travel throughout the county, therefore a valid driver’s license, auto insurance and a reliable means of transportation is mandatory;
- Must be computer literate with recent work experience using a computer;
- Good inter-personal, oral and written communications skills are required;
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented and well organized;
- Must project a professional demeanor, at all times;
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.