In this internship program, you will gain Manufacturing Drafting/Design experience and be exposed to the dynamics of highly successful manufacturing business. The internship will start in Mid-May and end in Mid-August. Housing is not provided for this internship – local candidates are preferred. This internship could lead to a full time position on our team!
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Converting 2D drawings to 3D Models
- Creating Tolerance Drawings from 3D Models
- Assist in the Design of Tooling Fixtures
- Document use of fixture process and prepares reports
- Support special projects with “hands on” skills
- Set up BOMs
- Solve/resolve intermediate problems and design challenges independently
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERTISE REQUIRED/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Entering senior year for an Associates / Bachelor of Science degree in CAD Technology / Mechanical Engineering by summer 2021 is preferred.
- Must possess mechanical aptitude and design efficiency
- Ability to engage work “with team” and engage work “hands-on”
- Proficient with drafting/design related computer software (3D) – SolidWorks
- Proficient basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Products)
- Desire to learn truck body design elements, the manufacturing process and truck body design of tools/systems.
Working in an office environment in a seated position a minimum of eight hours per day is required. At times, this job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.