Placement & Duration:
Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Global Technology Group is one of the Firm’s flagship Investment Banking practices with a worldwide reputation for leading the industry’s highest profile transactions. Our Global Technology Group is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Hong Kong, and Tokyo. Our team executes transactions in multiple technology sectors including internet, hardware, software, semiconductors and cleantech. Our Menlo Park office provides Corporate Finance, Merger & Acquisition, and Capital Markets expertise – focused exclusively on our technology clients.
After five days of intensive training in New York, Summer Analysts spend the program within a specific group, building a strong foundation in the basic skills of financial analysis, accounting and valuation, and working on a wide range of transactions. Summer Analysts receive continuing on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects. For example, they might accompany clients on a road show for a headline-making equity offering, participate in the execution of an M&A transaction, or analyze financial information in preparation for making a strategic recommendation to a top client. In addition, Summer Analysts have many opportunities to network with peers, mentors and senior managers through team-building sessions and other organized events.
The roles and responsibilities of a Summer Analyst vary by department, but may include:
• Analyzing detailed corporate and financial information
• Creating statistical exhibits that analyze comparative financial performance
• Building models to illustrate projected financial results and value to companies
• Developing marketing memoranda and delivering sections of research presentations
• Participating in the execution of financings and M&A transactions
• Acting as the liaison for the team and other parts of the Firm
This program is an integral part of our diversity recruiting efforts, open to Black, Hispanic, Native American, Female and/or LGBT+ college sophomores.
• You are pursuing an undergraduate degree with a graduation date of December 2022 or Spring 2023
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• You have basic knowledge of and a keen interest in finance
• You are analytical, adaptive, possess a strong work ethic, are a leader yet team player, as well as a multi-tasker
• You possess strong oral and written communication skills