The Clinical Research Coordinator assists in the daily activities of clinical research studies, obtains informed consent; collects, maintains and organizes study information. Assists in preparing grant applications and documents (for e.g., Institutional Review Board, Grants and Contracts Office).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collects and records study data. Inputs all information into database
- Obtains informed consent under minimal supervision of the investigator(s) and educates participants regarding study requirements.
- Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with sponsoring agency, administering lifestyle questionnaires.
- Assists in preparing grant applications, IRB/GCO for submission and filings.
- Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with hospital procedures. Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews.
- Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol.
- Prepares for monitoring visits.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Science or closely related field.
- 1-2 years prior research experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy