MSD Partners, L.P. Summer Internship June 2021
Job Opportunity: Fund Accounting Intern
Description: Reporting to Fund Accountants and Fund Controllers, the Fund Accounting Intern must be an excellent communicator with demonstrated and proven success at identifying, communicating and assisting in the rectification of issues. The Fund Accounting Intern should have a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership and enjoys being challenged and overcoming obstacles. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for ensuring the successful achievement of personal and team goals by helping execute procedures and controls to guarantee that the team’s output is consistently excellent and achieved within the designated deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of books and records; and creating excel schedules.
- Process various investment and investment-related transactions in Advent Geneva- in-house general ledger system (intern will be trained on the system)
- Aggregate information required for regulatory reporting (FORM PF) and internal quarterly reporting
- Prepare ad-hoc requests from internal groups such as IRR investment calculations and other investor level calculations.
- Assist in the annual audit process, coordinating financial statement requests and working with our outside auditors
- Review financial statement schedules prepared by the administrator.
- Undergraduate Sophomore (preferred) or Junior Finance or Accounting Major with a minimum 3.5 GPA
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Reliable and timely
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Possessing a positive attitude and being a team player
If you are interested in applying, please submit application here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/msdpartners/jobs/4982421002